Our docents are retired Los Angeles County Firefighters. They include firefighters, engineers, Captains, and Chiefs. If you have a question, or you want to hear wonderful stories, you will have the opportunity to learn and enjoy our crew. Your time at the Museum will be enriched as our Docents guide you through our collections.
If you would like to contact our docents, please use the contact form below. You may direct your inquiry to an individual, just put their name in the subject line.
October 2019 Docent Meeting at the Museum
Museum Docents and Directors in the photo
- Hired: March 1970
- Retired: September 2001
- Positions held: Firefighter, Hazmat Specialist 1990-2001
- Favorite Assignment: 214
- LA Co. Fire Dept 1985 – 2017 second generation firefighter 32 years
- Rose up through the ranks to Battalion Chief
- Assignments were Paramedic, Public Informations, Staffing, Fire Prevention, USAR Task Fforce, and Operations
- Career highlight was USAR deployment to saves lives after Haiti earthquake.
- Initially began in the Fire Explorer program with LACoFD in 1977.
- Started fire service employment at age eighteen with the Los Angeles Fire Department, working as and an EMT and paramedic for six years
- Hired as a firefighter with LACoFD in 1986
- Paramedic, Fire Inspector, Engineer, Captain, and Battalion Chief.
- Retired in 2018 after 32 years with the County of Los Angeles.
- Hired: Started his fire career at the camps from Nov 1974 – 1978
- Henderson Fire Department in Nevada from 1979-1981
- LACoFD 1981 – 2009
- Retired: March 31, 2009
- Positions held: Firefighter, Engineer
- Favorite Assignment: Station 34 where he spent 19 years
DIRECTOR & DOCENT
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept
- Started career -1981
- Retired -2018
- 37 years
- Positions held
- Fire Fighter, Paramedic
- Favorite assignment- Engine 191-A , 12 years
- Most interesting assignment Homeland Security
- Started his fire service career with the U.S. Forest Service in 1975
- Hired LACoFD in 1983 and retired in 2014
- Positions Held: Firefighter, Paramedic, USAR Medic with Task Force 2
- Favorite assignment : Air Ops
- City of Hermosa Beach Fire Department 2/1982 – 5/1984
- Firefighter Paramedic
- LACoFD 5/4/1984 – 3/31/2015
- Firefighter, Paramedic, Engineer
Captain for 21 years
- Favorite assignment: 13 years Captain at Engine 14 South Central Los Angeles.
- City of Hermosa Beach Fire Dept. 5/67 – 3/70
- Ca. Air National Guard Crash Fire Fighter 6/69 – 7/75
- LACoFD 3/1970 – 3/2003 33 years
- Positions held; Firefighter, Firefighter Paramedic, Dispatcher, Engineer, Fire Prevention inspector, Captain for engine, truck, emergency preparedness officers, USAR,and hazmat squad. Battalion Chief for community services and Battalion 7
- Hired in 1989 and retired 2018.
- Held ranks of Firefighter, Paramedic, Inspector, Engineer, Captain and Battalion Chief.
- Favorite assignment: Battalion Chief 2C
- Graduated Inglewood High 1972
- Air Force Veteran – 4 years as a Firefighter Aug 72 until Aug 1976
- Oct 1976 to 79 a Federal Firefighter , received Associates degree in Fire Technology
- Was blessed by being hired onLACoFD Aug 1979 – Retired as Battalion Chief Oct 2011.
- 38 years of total service.
- Hired in September 9, 1983
- Retired March 30, 2016
- Held the following positions: Firefighter, Paramedic, Engineer, Captain, Battalion Chief and Assistant Chief.
- Favorite assignment: Fire Captain Fire Station 26
- 7 years in the city of La Puente.
- Captain – PIO
- Rescueman (not P.M.)
- F.F. First Snorkle (29)
BIOGRAPHY COMING SOON
BIOGRAPHY COMING SOON